Episode #10: How to Know if it’s Time to Hire a Coach
To hire a coach or not hire a coach? That is the question…
Perhaps you’re considering hiring someone to help you change an area of your life, or help you meet a goal, but you’re not sure if now is the time to do it.
If you’re a coach and have not hired a coach, then I’d say it’s time to get someone on your team and invest in yourself, as well as your business. It does not have to be for your business, I know for me it wasn’t when I first hired a coach.
It can be scary to invest in yourself. I find many people are ready to do the work and have to get over the hurdle that they deserve to give themselves the gift of coaching. I also know that coaching is truly powerful and when you have the right coach, there’s nothing quite like it. For me, it’s been life changing!
Recently, I vetted my coach and his group program after talking with a group of friends and other women entrepreneurs and coaches I respect. I passed the first time. And when the program was offered again, I asked myself exactly what I needed to get out of it, and then realized it was a match.
So I enrolled in Todd Herman’s 90 Day Year (I’ll be talking about the pro’s and con’s of group coaching vs. 1:1 soon!)
5 ways to Know if Now is the Time to Hire a Coach or Mentor
- You are in a transition, at a crossroad, and not sure how to get started or are not able to see yourself getting from where you are to where you want to be.
- You don’t know what you want (not trusting yourself) or have hit a wall and wondering if having someone who gets it will help you to move forward to accomplish your desired goals.
- You are ready for someone (who gets it and you) other than your friends and family (who don’t get it) to help you take action to take your next steps.
- You have exhausted every other possible way to “figure it out” and are done with having to think your way out of it. It’s making you crazy and you see it’s only bringing you deeper into the problem instead of moving forward towards the outcome you are seeking to create.
- You are a coach or interested to become a coach.
The last one is key because it’s been the way I learned to coach from expert coaches who have helped me to find my own style of coaching.
What was mentioned in this episode:
Blog Post: 5 Ways to Know if Now is the Right Time to Hire a Coach or Mentor (and what to look for to make sure it’s a match)
Get your How to Hire a Coach Worksheet here
The Art of Business for Coaches Episode #8: What to do When Clients Don’t Do the Work
I’d love to know what you think about this episode! Please leave a comment or review on iTunes.
Listen to the previous episodes:
Episode #2: Define Your Philosophy
Episode #3: Time to Get Down and Dirty for Some R&D (Research & Design)
Episode #4: Falling in Love With Practice, Samplers & Beta Testing
Episode #5: Stand Out With the Story You’re Telling & Attract Your Ideal Clients
Episode #6: Choose your path. Be inspired. And take Action!
Episode #7: The Real Deal About Certification, Training & Coaching
Episode #8: What to do When Clients Don’t Do the Work
Episode #9 with Adria DeCorte: When to Pivot & Change Direction
And I’d love to connect with you:
- Instagram: @hillaryrubin
- Twitter: @hillaryrubin
- Join my Facebook community for coaches, The Art of Coaching
And please feel free to drop me a line or ask a question at email@example.com.