Episode #23: 5 Biggest Mistakes Coaches Make
Guess what? We all make mistakes and this is why I curated a new eBook, Coaching Secrets Revealed: Find out how these 6 top coaches built 6 and 7-figure coaching empires, and how you can too!
Let’s start off that mistakes are how we learn and become the expert. As the coaching industry grows, there are more and more people out there starting to coach before ever having any real experience.
I commend them and also find it interesting when they start saying ‘I can’t find paying clients.’
Well, there are a few things that I believe must happen to create a strong foundation for your coaching practice – you need a business foundation…
Here are 5 of the biggest mistakes coaches make when starting out…
- Putting the cart before the horse, focusing on branding, taglines, logos, and websites before even seeing what people are looking for.
- Rushing the process of learning the craft by doing it.
- Creating things to sell (or for free) before anyone has tested it or used it.
- Having big money goals that become self sabotage, not starting out with an attainable goal they believe is possible.
- No experience of working with a coach – asking people to pay you when you have not paid to work with a coach 1:1 (aka, asking your clients to step out of their comfort zone without having done it yourself).
Mentioned in this episode:
The Art of Business for Coaches Episode #20: What Conversation Are You Part Of?
The Art of Business for Coaches Episode #22: How to Stop Feeling Like a Fraud or Imposter
The Art of Becoming A Coach Toolkit
Coaching Secrets Revealed eBook
I’d love to know what you think about this episode! Please leave a comment or review on iTunes.
Ready to get super clear on what’s blocking YOUR success? I’d love to help…
Click here to schedule your Complimentary Clarity Session with me!
I’d love to connect with you:
- Instagram: @hillaryrubin
- Twitter: @hillaryrubin
- Join my Facebook community for coaches, The Art of Coaching
Have a topic you’d like me to cover?
Click here to answer a few quick questions to provide your suggestions and feedback for The Art of Business for Coaches Podcast!